How To Use Zoom For Our Online Events
• You will receive a reminder email with a link to the Zoom meeting you are registered for.
• You will be prompted to download and install Zoom when you click a join a meeting link or you can download the Zoom app here: https://zoom.us/download.
• All meetings are in Malaysia time.
If you’re unable to connect via your desktop or mobile device, you can also dial in using your telephone to hear the audio of the event.
Before the Session Begins
• When you login for the Zoom meeting, a please wait page will show. The Host will open the meeting
• All participants will be muted on entry. Please DO NOT unmute yourself or cut off the speaker at anytime.
During the Session
• Please remain on MUTE at all times.
• The Host will explain how you can communicate when asking a question.
• There is a Chat Function where you can ask questions also
• Gallery View shows everyone in the meeting.
• Speaker View shows only the speaker and minimizes everyone else.
• For learning, it is best to choose speaker view so you are not distracted by others.
For The Best Zoom Experience
• It is best to use Zoom on a desktop computer.
• Have a strong wifi signal: You need a good ADSL or wifi signal to ensure the Zoom meeting streams smoothly. An Ethernet connection is always best but wifi is also fine.
• Make sure nothing else is draining the bandwidth of your internet connection while you are on Zoom. Close down all programs on your computer except zoom to ensure the best learning and connection experience.
Zoom Troubleshooting Guide:
I cannot hear the person speaking, or they cannot hear me
– If you cannot hear the person who is speaking, or they cannot hear you, assuming neither speaker is accidentally muted you may need to check your audio settings. To do this from within Zoom:
1. Click on the UP arrow next to your mic button on the bottom-left of the screen.
2. From the fly-out menu select Test Speaker & Microphone. . .
3. When the Testing Speaker dialog box appears, you should hear a ringtone playing repeatedly.
- If you do not hear the ringtone, click on NO and Zoom will select a different internal playback device in your computer, if available. Every time you click NO, Zoom will try a different device until all options have been tried.
- If Zoom has tested all your speaker devices and you still do not hear the ringtone, you may need to troubleshoot further outside of Zoom or seek external technical support. Note: check that you haven’t got audio connected to headphones or earbuds that you aren’t actually wearing.
- If you do hear the ringtone, click YES and Zoom will move on to testing your microphone.
4. Follow the instructions on your screen to test your microphone. Speak and pause and listen to hear your voice played back.
- If you do not hear your voice played back, click on NO and Zoom will select a different internal recording device in your computer, if available. Every time you click NO Zoom will try a different device until all options have been tried.
- If Zoom has tested all your recording devices and you still do not hear your voice played back when you speak into the mic, you may need to troubleshoot further outside of Zoom or seek external technical support. Note: check that you haven’t got audio connected to headphones or earbuds that you aren’t actually wearing.
- If you do hear your voice being played back, your speaker and microphone setup is complete. Click FINISH to end the test and return to meeting.
I have no webcam or cannot resolve my camera issue
– Although it is ideal, technically speaking you do not need a camera to participate in this event. As long as you can hear and be heard, and as long as you can see Ben, you have the minimum requirements to participate.
I cannot resolve my microphone issue
– Alternatively, you can DIAL IN from another device or telephone to access session audio. This will allow you to speak and listen on one device and view Ben and his slides on your PC.
The Stragenius Team